Monday 27 January 2020

By Fire and Sword - Muscovite Boyar Sons

Well!

It's been hot and humid in Queensland lately which has resulted in my painting pace slowing to a snail's crawl. The last 6 bases of Boyar Sons I've been painting took nearly 2 weeks to paint. It's been a stage here and there as I try and paint in the few tolerable moments. The inks I'm using have been fantastic. I actually find it kind of annoying to do the metallic areas with regular paint as the inks are so easy!

I still have plenty of bases assembled and awaiting paint. A commander, 6 boyars with spears and 6 dvorian bases gives me plenty to paint. I also have more on the way, with ANOTHER box of border dragoons (that'll make three...), a regiment of streltsy (defensive musket armed troops with big axes!) and 6 bases of Zavoivodchicy. The zavoivodchicy are really exciting for me - they resemble spear armed, armoured boyars. This reminds me of what it was like to paint Tatar elite cavalry so I'm looking forward to painting them.

9 bases of Boyar Sons. These are all my regular Boyars - onto the spear armed Boyars next

The army as it stands. Plenty to go!



No comments:

Post a Comment