Tuesday 7 April 2020

By Fire and Sword - Muscovite Army

Hi again!

Finally, after about 4 months since starting, I've finally finished my Muscovite army for By Fire and Sword. This has been my major project since the end of last year so it's a huge relief to finally finish it.

Kind of. As with all things wargaming, a project is never really finished. In the future I want to add small Soldat and Field Dragoon regiments along with a hefty artillery contingent. I also intend on buying two of the Cossack Skirmish Set boxes to field them as either a large standalone skirmish force or as an allied regiment for the Muscovites. But, these are future plans and I have some smaller projects upcoming before I start buying more BFaS.

Upcoming on the blog expect to see Firestorm Planetfall and some 10mm ancients. I've grabbed some Gauls from Pendraken which I can't wait to paint and I'm really excited that I managed to get my hand on the two player starter for the long out of print Planetfall. Onto the pictures!

Editors Note: Pictures had to be re-uploaded as somehow they broke. How annoying!
Glory to Russia

The army from another angle

The first border dragoon regiment

The second border dragoon regiment

The streltsy. Not many photos of these guys around for whatever reason
I love the Streltsy models - full of character!

Pomiestna cavalry regiment.
Dvorians - perhaps my favourite models in the army
Boyar sons with spears

My general.

Zavoivodchicy

Bonus pic! My Holy Roman Empire army occupies the left tray. Plenty of room to expand the Muscovites then...













Thanks again for looking, I hope this post can serve as an inspiration for finishing your own army. I also know there's not a lot of pictures of painted Muscovite armies on the internet and in particular very few photos of Streltsy so hopefully it's also a good resource for those considering starting the Muscovites.

Bye / До свидания!

7 comments:

  1. Wonderful army, veru colorful, even the basing. Very striking on the table I imagine.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have pretty drab terrain and mats so they do stand out which I like!

      Delete
  2. Very nice! Glad to see one of the less repreaented armies getting some love.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The Pictures are sadly not loading

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Corrino, I've re-uploaded the photos. Not sure why that happened!

      Delete