Saturday 19 October 2019

Welcome

Hi and Welcome!

This blog is going to be the place where I explore historical wargaming, particularly in the smaller scales (as small as 3mm!). I intend on starting the blog with detailing some of my recent projects, before moving onto my current project and some broader thoughts on the hobby and small scale in general. So, what have I done and what am I doing?

Completed Projects (Game system being used, army, scale, period)
 - By Fire and Sword, Holy Roman Empire, 15mm, 17th century
 - Great War Spearhead, French, 6mm, WW1
 - Fistful of TOWs 3, Sweden, 6mm, Moderns
 - Fistful of TOWs 3, Soviet Union and NATO, 3mm, Moderns

In-Progress
 - Great War Spearhead, Russians, 6mm, WW1
 - Blucher / Et Sans Resultat (ESR), Russians and Austrians, 6mm, Napoleonics
 - By Fire and Sword, Tatars, 15mm, 17th Century

My main focus at the moment is the Napoleonic Wars, the period being the one I've always wanted to start but been too intimidated to do. This is a fairly long term project as even in 6mm it takes a while to complete (24 figures to a base looks fantastic but is a lot of models to paint!). I intend on periodically chipping away at my Great War Russians and BFaS Tatars so expect a post every now and then as I complete a unit or something else interesting. Finally, a couple of extra photos for interest. :)


A recent game of By Fire and Sword, my HRE vs a friend's Ottomans
A HRE pike and shot battalion from the same game

6mm Napoleonic Russians

6mm mass effect is awesome. This is only eight base of infantry

Another Napoleonics photo

2 comments:

  1. Just popped along from the Baccus forum - loving your Napoleonics, like the way your battalions are based. Good to see another FFT3 gamer blogging too (and one that does Swedes). I'll be following from now on - keep on blogging as I like your style! I'll stick a link on my blog too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Iain, very much appreciated. Hoping to get some FFT3 games in soon.

      Delete