Saturday 26 October 2019

Napoleonic Russian Hussars

Hello again,

Today I finished my first two bases of Russian Hussars. I'm painting every base as a different regiment for Blucher. This will probably look a little strange in squadron to a base games in ESR, so I might pick up some more hussars in the future to do that. These are fantastic models from Baccus that have heaps of detail. I've decided to paint the red Lifeguard (Лейб-гвардия) and blue Mariupol (Мариуполь) Hussars, unsure what the third base I have will be. I hope everybody likes them.

The Mariupol Hussars

Lifeguard Hussars

Rearshot showing the varying cloak trims (white for officers/trumpeters)

2 comments:

  1. Nice work on these. Good so see some Russian getting ready.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I'm really enjoying painting this project, though I might not be so keen once I've ground through another 30 odd bases of infantry! Because Hussars are so different they're a nice break from Russian green.

      Delete