Monday 11 November 2019

Napoleonic Russians - Pavlovsk Grenadiers (Павловский гренадерский полк) and Heavy Artillery

Hello there,

A quick update today. I was going to hold off posting until I had a decent bunch of units to put up but as the Pavlovsk Grenadiers are so iconic in the era, I figured they deserved their own post. I've painted the 1st and 3rd battalions (the 2nd in the Russian Army was a depot battalion and often not deployed). After the 1812 campaign the Pavlovsk Grenadiers would be admitted to the Imperial Guard, which they remained a part of until the Russian Revolution. I also finished my 12 pounder guns of which I'm quite pleased with how they turned out.

I should be receiving some Pendraken 10mm ACW later this week, so there should be some more variety on the blog soon. ACW is a side-project for me, only 300 infantry, 30 cavalry and 6 guns between both sides. I've got the rules for Altar of Freedom and have Regimental Fire and Fury on order and have a basing scheme in mind that should allow me to play both without any issues. All this side, side-projects often have a tendency to get bigger and I'm becoming really interested in the history of the war...
12 pounder foot artillery.

From the rear

Павловский гренадерский полк, 3rd battalion left, 1st right.

I love the colour on the back of the mitre caps, makes for a good player view!



2 comments:

  1. Hi, where do you get your 6mm miniatures from? Are they all from Baccus? Thanks for replying.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Moe, sorry for the late response! Everything is Baccus, correct. :)

    ReplyDelete