Monday 18 November 2019

Starting 10mm American Civil War

Hi there,

Just a short update today. I've started on the 10mm American Civil War figures seen in my Pendraken review. I decided to start with the Confederates, reasoning that their irregularity will make them slower to paint and thus once their down, the Union will seem easy! With basing I decided on 30mm wide, 20mm deep basing. Infantry will be six to a base, cavalry two. These bases are small so I can use them to play Regimental Fire and Fury. RF&F has artillery based short end to the front unlike the infantry and cavalry however I won't be doing this. The 30mm base width allows me to place two bases side by side to form a brigade for Altar of Freedom - gotta plan ahead with these things! Thanks for reading. :)

Confederate infantry. These Pendrakens paint up so easily! Based the same way I've done my 6mm

An example of how I'll base for Altar of Freedom - the bases are poster tacced onto a 60x30 base, leaving 10mm at the rear for labels.

Commander (left) and cavalry (right). Going two per base with cavalry in my mind suits their role in the civil war (and makes my figures go further too!).

And the rear. The command base is simply the command figures for the cavalry re-purposed as the force commander.

No comments:

Post a Comment